Tuesday, October 4, 2011

We bought a couch!

While I was home this weekend Joel & I had planned to go see this couch we've had our eye on for a while now. Since it's really only 2 months away from us beginning to rent a place we figured if we can snag a good deal on something we love we might as well go for it. We are SO glad we did because we got an amazing deal on the absolute perfect couch for us. We've been looking at fabric couches for a while now, and the one thing we knew is that we didn't want microsuede or leather, but rather a nice durable fabric. Color was always throwing me off though, it seemed like the only options were brown, tan, or other random neutral colors that just were not doin' it for me. Joel found this ad on Craigslist for a huge grey fabric couch... yes. please. It's from this sweet young (kid/pet-less) couple in Scottsdale who is moving to New York and didn't have room to bring the couch. They bought it 5 years ago from Macy's and paid... well... a lot more than what we did for it : ) When she said they'd had it for 5 years I couldn't believe it, the thing is in perfect condition. I seriously feel like we bought a brand new couch and I know we got a steal. It is the perfect size, shape, comfort, color, everything that we were looking for. We couldn't be happier with it!














These pictures have a lot of natural lighting coming in so the couch actually looks a lot lighter than it actually is. But I kind of love that it can be a light grey or dark grey depending on the light source. It's amazing how different in looks in all sorts of light, but I have yet to not love it in every setting.

So now all we need is a place to put it! (and our table, and all the wall art I've collected, and all the projects I've made, and all my future DIY materials... the list goes on.) So yeah I'd say it's really time to get a place. How annoying is it that I have about 50,000 ideas floating around in my head for how we will decorate but don't have any outlets?? Just a fair warning this blog is going to be seeing a LOT more action come December/January... I almost feel sorry for you all.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Love it!!!! I can't wait to see the cute, decorative pillows you pick out to go on it :)